7.13.2014

Welcome!


The fire within
that threatens to consume us?
Spirit. Stoke the flames.


Only when we've allowed our inner truths to blaze can they gut the structures of our lives, burn the defunct and dysfunctional to cinders, and let the wind carry death away. Purified, free of excess, the phoenix arises from cold ashes in dazzling glory.

I can try to abandon my love of making stuff, but that would be to abandon the stuff of making love. Instead I offer my work up to you, beautiful people, because I have nothing to give if not my art. Whether yarn craft, words, puerile illustrations, or a Sunday brunch I whip up for you, I make stuff with lots of love. I believe my creative process is fueled from some magnificent source which is much greater than myself, and yet which I have access to within. I may call it spirit, perhaps it is more accurately called nature. I have no idea, but when I ride that fire, it feels sweet. And I come up with a lot of shiny things. I frankly admit that my oeuvre to date amounts primarily to just so many hats and words. But I will share what I have to offer, because I can't imagine doing anything else.

Above all else I hope that what I have to give brings you something new, something useful, that lifts your heart right up.

-

If love ever seems to fail to be the answer, then your answer must be that you need to love more.

(Including yourself, perhaps).

-

Self-sufficiency involves having both a clear definition of “self” and “sufficient.” It also requires being able to survive one's self.

But the ego is such a devil. Just when I believe I'm near to some new enlightenment, the beast within whips its forked tail through my guts, sinks its claws and teeth into my brain. Such a bastard. It is usually in these moments that I do all I can do, which is give in, sob through my own worthlessness and failure for a while, and then make a cup of coffee and try to get busy with some stuff of life. Perhaps I am terrible, but in order to change that I must make myself move towards greatness. Even the smallest steps take me closer.

-

Say “good day” to people. Smile often. Enjoy meals with friends and family. Acknowledge the beauty and power in everyone you meet. Deny your own greatness to no one. We are in this together, and only when we can connect with one another on a personal level can we begin to connect as a society, as people, a planet.

-

We are one. 

Be well.

No comments: